Sunday, June 19, 2011

Day 5

My brother always used to say it was cute when people slept with their mouths open a little...

Our lovely friend Hardy let us come stay at his place. Bless him, first order of business... food. He took us to what he called ,"the best Kabob shop in Berlin" I was skeptical, but let me tell you. I think it was the best food I've ever had.. I know... bold statement.

We hung out on Hardy's beautiful veranda for a while then decided to head to Treptower Park, where there was a digaredoo festival going on.



It was a beauitful park and we could hear the digareedoo's from far away. Unfortunately we couldn't get in without paying, so we just hung around and enjoyed the sites.





Later we went to a bubble tea shoppe that my brother's friend was opening up. Very cute location, I wish her all of the best!


We went and got some Kabobs, met a random lady whose name escapes me (Allana?). She had recently moved to Berlin and spoke primarily English. It was a welcomed event, as traveling around a city knowing the language can be a bit exhausting, even if most young people speak a little bit of English. Anywho, we ended up going with her to a slightly sketchy, underground club. We met her very interesting friends and a two man band. Unfortunately, I couldn't take pictures in there, as we already stuck out as Americans.

After about an hour of listening to the band we decided we were tired and returned home to hit the hay

No comments:

Post a Comment